Under the supervision of the Chief Centralized Warehousing Section, the Logistics Officer reports directly to the Chief, Centralized Warehousing Section. This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Within the delegated authority, the Logistics Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
• Exercises managerial and supervisory control over all logistics support required by the mission.
• Develops, prepares, coordinates and monitors overall support plans including demand forecasting, supply schedules, priorities or requirements, and resolution of urgent operational needs.
• Monitors and coordinates all multifunctional logistic requirements at the operational and tactical levels.
• Assists Chief Supply Chain Management in the development of policy and procedures for logistics support.
• Briefs Chief Centralized Warehousing Section on a daily basis on the ongoing operation/requests .
• Ensures that logistics requirements take account of gender-specific needs.