The Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS) is an international non-governmental organisation with a mission to accompany, serve, and advocate for the rights of refugees and forcibly displaced people. The organisation was founded in November 1980 and has a presence in 56 countries. JRS undertakes services at national and regional levels with the support and guidance of an international office in Rome. The style of JRS service is human and spiritual, working in situations of greatest need, seeking the long-term wellbeing of refugees and displaced persons, while not neglecting their immediate or urgent needs. JRS offers opportunities to a wide variety of staff, local and international, while maintaining a realistic and localised scheme of salary/stipend, insurance, etc.
The Accounts & Administration Officer will be responsible for all accounting and related administrative matters of the Regional Office. In addition, she/he will ensure the proper management of the Regional Office budget and the respect of the internal and funders’ financial requirements.
• Help prepare meetings and accurately record minutes from the meetings.
• Make travel and accommodation arrangements
• Prepare reports, memos, invoices, letters, and other documents.
• Opening, sorting and distributing incoming letters
• Filing and retrieving organisation records, documents, and reports.
• Welcoming visitors and scheduling meetings with the Regional Director.
• Manage financial records and receipts
• Process invoices, record accounts payable and accounts receivable
• Update internal systems with financial data
• Reconcile bank statements and cash register
• Management of cashflow and preparation of monthly cashflow projections
• Process monthly payroll
Qualification and Experience
Hold a BS in Business Administration – Accounting or related field.
Speak & write both english & french