The specific duties and responsibilities will include:
1. Receive mails/letters from within and outside of the Council of Governors
2. Sort, cross reference, file correspondences and responses according to COG indexing plan and forward the same to the CEO for direction in file.
3. Dispatch all mail and maintain tracing register while ensuring adherence to the required security protocols and confidentiality
4. Maintain a structured file classification for all records for ease in retrieval and accessibility
5. Assist in the indexing of records or information for easy and quick identification and retrieval.
6. Monitor the Records Tracking System to ensure that each record can always be located when required and ensure that location of all files is known to avoid cases of missing files.
7. Create a new file for a completely new information/subject and allocate a reference number for ease in retrieval
8. Ensure proper storage and maintenance of records and files to promote longevity and ensure prompt repair or replacement of worn out files
9. Monitor access to the Records Management area to safeguard the records integrity from unauthorized access.
10. Trace files that have already been actioned on a weekly basis and file them back to the records office for easier retrieval in the future.
11. Assist in scanning of documents at the CEO’s office, renaming and sending to the secretaries for action by the CEO.
12. Assist in circulating files after action by the CEO and filing back to the Records office after action.
13. Any other duties assigned.